Sunday, June 15, 2014

Concepts Learned

Technology has so many kinds of users. While I knew about a home user, business user, and mobile user, I learned a new type of user called a power user. This type of user is in the business world completing such tasks as engineering projects, architectural design projects, and graphic projects. I also learned that an enterprise user is basically an employee or customer that uses computers or mobile devices. 

Wikis are something that I also learned about in the assigned readings this week. This is a collaborative website in which a group can create, add, delete or modify content.

Netiquette is a term that I focused on as well.  This is an established code of acceptable behaviors that users should follow.  Using abbreviations and acronyms, long with emoticons can be tricky. Although I knew some, like :) and BTY, I did not know others listed in the text, like FWIW and IMHO.  It is important that your audience understands all terms; otherwise, people will become confused and this can lead to miscommunication.

The tutorials on how to set up a blog and insert a picture has been informative as my blog continues to grow.  I have also learned in other tutorials how to work with folders which is a good organizational tool to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment